Split System Solar
With split systems only the solar collector panels sit on the roof and the storage tank is located at ground level.
*Now no longer available under the brand Beasley refer to Rinnai hot water systems.
The main benefit of this system is that the tank is installed remotely from the panels in the most convenient location – usually on the ‘blind side’ of the house. A small pump circulates the water from the tank through the panels to collect the heat energy from the sun. This pump is automatically regulated by a controller that monitors the temperature in both the tank and collector panels and optimises solar gain.
- Easy installation on roofs.
- Streamlined appearance - minimal impact on the aesthetics of your roof line.
- Split systems do not require reinforcement on the roof structure, as the weight associated. with water storage is at ground level.
- Collector panels and the tank do not need to be installed at the same time – ideal during. construction of new homes and major renovations.
- Tall solar tank provides better heat stratification, improving efficiency.
- Simpler service access (ground level)
Close Coupled Systems
With close coupled systems, the solar collector panels and the storage tank are both located on the roof.
The advantage of this system is the ability to free up space around the base of the house. In the close-coupled installation, the solar tank is mounted above the collectors on the roof, and the water heated in the panels rises by the natural thermosiphon principle through the collectors into the tank, and is recirculated through the panels until the water reaches the required temperature.
- Technically very efficient, economical to install and low maintenance
- No recirculating pumps and pipe runs – reducing heat losses and improving running efficiencies
- No electricity required to operate pumps to recirculate the water through the panels
- Eliminates the need for a storage tank at ground level – ideal for courtyard homes or small blocks
- Wide range of Colorbond® colours available. Ask your Australian Hot Water consultant for selection
- Gas booster can be recessed in a wall cavity saving precious space
- Silver Prestige finish, ideal for coastal areas
- Compact 180L tanks available, ideal for gas boost systems
- Conventional 330L and High capacity 480L available for larger homes
Colorbond® is a registered trade mark of BlueScope Steel Limited